We aim to offer you assistance on the legal steps to undertake the Administration of the Estate. We will offer you an initial consultation and set out the different ways that we can assist you together with an estimate of costs for the different packages, depending on what your budget is. Please contact us to discuss your options. We understand that this is going to be a difficult time for you and your family and we therefore aim to assist you with the complexity of Probate and ensure that we take care of the legal aspects of the Administration of the Estate. If we are instructed by you we will need to ascertain what the Estate involves and contact the relevant parties to notify them of the death and that we are acting on behalf of the Estate. We will ensure that at each and every stage we are updating you on the matters and obtaining your instructions at all times.
Our Fees with no set costs
- Our costs would be 3.5% of the value of the deceased’s estate.
- If the deceased’s estate has negative equity, our costs will be charged on a strictly hourly basis and can range from £1000 plus VAT to £2,000 plus VAT to obtain a grant of probate.
Disbursements with no set costs
- New Land Registry registration fees, which depend on the value and nature of the property
- Possibly an accountant’s fee for an income tax return or other financial work
- Asset tracing fees
- Other costs where there are complications, like for lost share certificates
- Copies of the death certificate for life insurance claims